ADA ACCESSIBLE GUESTROOMS
Penguin Hotel offers fully accessible hotel entrance and select ADA accessible guestrooms with standard facilities for people who are in-need for special accommodations.
- King Bed– Wheelchair Accessible with Tub and Grab-Bars
- Queen Bed – Wheelchair Accessible with Roll-in Shower
ADA GUESTROOM FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Wheelchair accessible with oversized 36” doorways
- Bathrooms have 60”+ of diameter of turnaround space.
- All access points are leveled or have the appropriate ramps with 2% or less in slope.
- Roll-under sink
- Tub with grab-bars and portable bench or roll-in shower.
- All grab bars are mounted between 33” – 36” from floor.
- ADA Accessible Toilet, with grab-bars
- All Switch fixtures are placed so that they do not exceed 36” in height.
ADDITIONAL ADA HOTEL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- ADA Compliant Bathrooms in Lobby and pool areas
- ADA Compliant Pool lift
- ADA Compliant parking or valet parking
- Wheelchair Access to common areas with ramp slopes
- Additionally, upon request, staff is available 24 hours to provide any ADA assistance requested by our guests.
About Penguin Hotel:
Penguin Hotel has rich and diverse history that is inseparable from Miami Beach history. Initially named as the Golden Dawn Hotel, Penguin Hotel was built in 1948 with a design from famous Art Deco designer Henry Hohauser. The building features “Horizontality” as a prominent element throughout the structure, with overhanging strip windows and a horizontal railing located on front facade. As mandated by City of Miami Beach, the outer structure of the hotel has never been changed since its inception, while the hotel have received significant renovations internally over the years, the latest being in 2018.